Thermal stress relieving is a vital process for ensuring that components are stress-free before being put into service.
How stress relieving works
A component acquires stresses from the work that is done to it, most commonly welding stress, machining stress and bending stress. If these stresses are not released then the component can crack or move during its working life. Stress relieving is a non-metallurgical process that is a process carried out without any metallurgical change in structure occurring in the base material. The stress relieving parameters of a component will therefore be governed by the material from which it is made. Our furnace work handless components up to 9M long and weighing 20 tons.
Additional furnace processes
- Precipitation hardening
- Through hardening and quench facility
- Electric furnaces up to 9.9m x 4.0m x 2.8m
- Microprocessor Control down to ±5oC
- Accurate zone control
- 6 furnace control thermocouples available
- 30 thermocouples available for attachment to load
- Minimal surface scale
- Approved to ISO9001:2008
- Numerous customer approvals
- Certification for all components
- Graphs for all components